Leaders of Dairy Management Inc. (DMI), the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB) and the United Dairy Industry Association (UDIA) announce the following dairy producers as officers. The elections were held during the 2012 annual meeting of NDB, UDIA and the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF).
Current DMI officers:
· Chair Paul Rovey, Glendale, Ariz.
· Vice Chair James Ahlem, Hilmar, Calif.
· Secretary David "Skip" Hardie, Lansing, N.Y.
· Treasurer Steve Hanson, Clovis, N.M.
DMI, which manages the national dairy checkoff program, is funded by the NDB and the United Dairy Industry Association, which serves as the federation of state and regional dairy checkoff-funded promotion organizations.
Current UDIA officers are:
· Chair William Siebenborn, Trenton, Mo.
· 1st Vice Chair Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
· 2nd Vice Chair, American Dairy Association® (ADA) Chair Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
· 2nd Vice Chair, National Dairy Council® (NDC) Chair Jerry Messer, Richardton, N.D.
· 2nd Vice Chair, UDIA Member Relations Paul Broering, St. Henry, Ohio
· Secretary Steve Frischknecht, Manti, Utah
· Treasurer Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D.
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy producer-funded promotion organizations that provide marketing programs that are developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy producers elected by their respective boards of their member organizations.
Current ADA officers:
· Chair Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
· Vice Chair Jerrel Heatwole, Greenwood, Del.
· Secretary Steve Graybeal, Peach Bottom, Pa.
· Treasurer John Larson, Okeechobee, Fla.
ADA, founded in 1940, is the domestic marketing arm of DMI.
Current NDC officers:
· Chair Jerry Messer, Richardton, N.D.
· Vice Chair Paul Doton, Woodstock, Vt.
· Secretary Joan Smith, Sauquoit, N.Y.
· Treasurer Lynn Ramsey, Emory, Texas
NDC, founded in 1915, is the producer-funded nutrition education and research arm of DMI and provides nutrition information through national, state and regional dairy council organizations.
Current NDB officers:
· Chair Stephen Maddox, Riverdale, Calif.
· Vice Chair Kenton Holle, Mandan, N.D.
· Secretary Zach Myers, Jonesville, N.C.
· Treasurer Paul Fritsche, New Ulm, Minn.
The 38-member National Dairy Board, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand and expand domestic and international markets for dairy products. NDB funds, in part, Dairy Management Inc., which manages the national dairy checkoff program.
Wisconsin Dairy Wins Show Your Pride Photo Contest
Johnson Hill Farms from Valders, Wisc., recently finished first for the dairy checkoff's 2012 Show Your Pride photo contest.
The contest showcased producer photos that depicted support of the dairy checkoff's partnership with the National Football League through the in-school Fuel Up to Play 60 (FUTP 60) program, and their love of the dairy industry. Johnson Hill Farms' photo, which illustrates their passion for the Green Bay Packers, has earned a visit to the dairy from an NFL player.
Contest photos were posted at www.showyourpride.org where producers and industry allies voted for their favorite image. More than 5,000 total votes were cast.
The dairy checkoff, in partnership with the NFL, launched FUTP 60 in 2009. It promotes good nutrition including low-fat and fat-free dairy and physical fitness in our nation's schools to help defeat childhood obesity, the No. 1 public health issue facing our country.
More than 73,000 schools and 11 million students nationwide actively participate in FUTP 60.
DMI Annual Report Available at Dairy Checkoff Website
The 2011 Dairy Management Inc. annual report featuring highlights of how the dairy checkoff helped impact sales of billions of additional pounds of milk can be viewed in the "about us" section at www.dairycheckoff.com.