The American Dairy Science Association® (ADSA) is very pleased to announce that for 2013 Lallemand Animal Nutrition North America has stepped forward to establish a new award for ADSA members! The online awards system is now open and accepting applications for 2013, with a deadline of MARCH 29, 2013. Here are the criteria and a description of the award:
NATURE OF AWARD: $1,500 and a plaque with presentation at the annual meeting of the ADSA.
1) To stimulate and recognize outstanding achievement in research, teaching, extension, and/or industry in applied dairy nutrition by scientists during the first ten (10) years postgraduation of their professional career.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NOMINATION:
1) Nominee must have made significant early career contributions in applied dairy nutrition in areas such as:
a. Basic or applied forage research in the areas of forage production, processing, storage, or utilization
b. Basic or applied research in the areas of rumen and gastrointestinal microbiology and function
c. Nutritional effects on production efficiency, cow comfort, and health
2) Nominee must be and have been a member of the American Dairy Science Association for at least five (5) consecutive years.
3) Nominee must be a resident of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
4) Nominee must be age 39 or younger in the calendar year prior to the year of award and must have completed his/her Ph.D. no earlier than 10 calendar years prior to the year of the award (i.e., those receiving his/her Ph.D. during the calendar year of 2002 and are age 39 or younger during the calendar year 2003 are eligible to receive the 2013 award).
SUPPORTING INFORMATION ON NOMINEE:
1) An updated résumé of nominee's background and training, research, extension, and teaching contributions
2) Nomination statement not to exceed 750 words
Please go to the web site today and nominate your candidate for the inaugural Lallemand Animal Nutrition Award for Scientific Excellence in Dairy Nutrition! http://www.adsa.org/newawards/nominator.asp