For the first time, we played "Are you smarter than a Hoard's Dairyman editor?" at World Dairy Expo. Watch the video below, but here are other tips to sharpen your dairy mind.
by Lucas Sjostrom, Hoard's Dairyman Associate Editor
When was chocolate milk invented?
Which state had the fewest dairy farms in 2010?
These questions and more were asked on our first episode of "Are you smarter than a Hoard's Dairyman editor?" We found contestants around the World Dairy Expo grounds to go up against our resident "brainiac," Amanda Smith. WATCH the video below.
Do you want to be smarter than a Hoard's Dairyman editor? Here are five things that can help you achieve that status:
1. Read Hoard's Dairyman. If you don't already you can subscribe here: http://www.hoards.com/bookstore/subscribe Please note that the online subscription lets you search our issues back to January 10, 2000.
2. Watch Hoard's Dairyman webinars: http://www.hoards.com/webinars We're approaching two years of our monthly educational seminars, on topics from milk quality to dairy policy.
3. Visit our Youth Quizzes in the Youth Corner of our website: http://www.hoards.com/youth/youthquizzes Youth of all ages can try their best on 10 questions relating to the most recent issues of Hoard's Dairyman.
4. Go to school: http://www.hoards.com/youthresources Also in our youth corner is our listing of two-year and four-year schools. Our current editors graduated from Cornell, Kansas State, Minnesota and Wisconsin-Madison. But good dairy schools exist around the entire country.
5. Visit our blog, daily: http://www.hoards.com/blog/1 For the latest news in the dairy industry, the HD Notebook blog is the one site to visit. If you're reading this, you're here already.
Now sharpen your dairy quiz bowl skills and try to stump us. If you have any questions for us, don't forget you can always email email@example.com so we can answer the question ourselves, or pass it on to real experts if we don't have the answer.
Click the icon to subscribe to HD Notebook and get the blog sent to you.