FOR EVERY JERSEY OWNER ASKING, “SHOULD I PROCESS MY OWN MILK?”
- “The marketplace has more opportunity than ever.” Our expert presenters—Neville McNaughton, master cheese maker and facility design; Jim Gage, business strategist and marketing; and Ann Wilkinson, Ph.D., business planning—explain why.
- Draw upon the experience and advice of Neville, Jim and Ann to develop a strategy for success. They will show you how to look at what you have from the ground up, what products to make, how to set up your facility, and then sell what you produce.
- Entrepreneurs in Jersey value-added products will share their stories: in fluid milk processing and marketing, John Kokoski, Mapleline Farm, Hadley, Mass.; and for farmstead cheese, Mark Gillman, Cato Corner Farm, Colchester, Conn.
- Go inside an on-farm cheesemaking plant. Amy and Beth Marcoot will guide us through the facilities at Marcoot Jersey Creamery, Greenville, Ill., and explain how their value-added strategy is sustaining this seventh generation family farm.
- Wednesday, March 29: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., includes breakfast and lunch, bus transportation to Marcoot Jersey Creamery, evening on your own
- Thursday, March 30: 7:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., includes breakfast
Topics To Be Covered
- PRODUCT EVALUATION and CONSUMER DEMAND
- FACILITIES and TECHNOLOGY
- FOOD SAFETY and REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
- DEVELOPING THE BUSINESS PLAN
- FUNDING CONSIDERATIONS
- MARKETING and SALES
- DEVELOPING A LONG-TERM VISION THAT MESHES WITH YOUR RESOURCES
Location: Ameristar Casino Resort & Conference Center, St. Charles, Mo.
Situated immediately north of the I-70 bridge in St. Charles, west of downtown St. Louis
Reservations: Use Offer Code AJCD17A and call 855/888-7273 or book online. NAJ room rate, $119 per night, plus taxes.
Air Service: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, served by Southwest, American, Delta, Frontier and United
SPACE IS LIMITED FOR THIS WORKSHOP. REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MARCH 10, 2017.
NAJ Member Fee, $200 Non-Members, $300
includes workshop, materials, tour bus and box lunch, breakfast both days. Note: Registration fee is non-refundable.
Register online below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.