Registration is now open for the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council (DCRC) Annual Meeting, Nov. 8-9, at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, Reno, Nev. This year’s DCRC Annual Meeting includes a bonus – the preconference symposium, which will address Physiologic and Economic Perspectives Around Achieving High Fertility in High Producing Dairy Cows and Expanding Our Knowledge on Postcalving Health and Immunosuppression. The preconference symposium provides additional instructional time for meeting attendees at no extra charge. Elanco, Merck and Zoetis provided financial support for the preconference symposium.
Featured topics at this year’s annual meeting include:
- Communicating with consumers about antibiotic and hormone use
- Telling our story to society
New technologies and dairy data management
- Use of in vitro fertilization (IVF) technology and genomic selection
- Managing and using big data in dairies
- Using technology to improve transition cow health and reproductive performance
Reproductive management strategies
- What type of semen to use: conventional, sexed and/or beef?
- Defining optimal voluntary waiting period
- Digging deep into DCRC award winners’ records
- Transition cow health impact on fertility of cows subjected to artificial insemination (AI) or embryo transfer (ET)
Herd health and employee management
- Mastitis update
- Impact of dairy calf health and nutrition on lactating cows’ production and longevity
- Effects of dry period heat stress on lactating dairy cows
- Developing and engaging people to achieve outstanding transition cow management
To register for the meeting, go to: http://bit.ly/2xa4koO. Register by Oct. 1 to take advantage of the lowest registration rate. Online registration ends Oct. 27. After that date, attendees must register on site.
Please note that for the first time the DCRC Annual Meeting falls on Wednesday and Thursday, rather than the traditional Thursday and Friday. For more information about Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, visit www.peppermillreno.com.
The Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council is focused on bringing together all sectors of the dairy industry – producers, consultants, academia and allied industry professionals – for improved reproductive performance. DCRC provides an unprecedented opportunity for all groups to work together to take dairy cattle reproduction to the next level.