The eighth annual World Dairy Expo® Youth Fitting Contest experienced record participation on Sunday, October 1 in the Estrumate Sale Pavilion. The 24 contestants, ranging in age from 13 to 21, were allotted one hour to prepare an animal to show-ready quality. Placing the contest was Trenton Styczynski, a professional dairy cattle fitter and consultant from Pulaski, Wis.
Top finishers in the Intermediate Divisions, Elizabeth Stoltzfus, Berlin, Pa. and Tyler London, Center, Ky. and second place finishers in the Senior Divisions, Hannah Nelson, Ellsworth, Wis. and Austin Nauman, Norwalk, Wis., received clippers sponsored by Wahl Clipper & Lister Shearing. Olivia Brandenburg, Fort Atkinson, Wis., and George Mason, Woodstock, Ont., winners of the Senior Divisions, were awarded clippers from Aesculap AG Germany.
Other awards included neck medallions and cash prizes to the top five finishers, compliments of Budjon Farms, Kelly Reynolds, the Klossner Family, LOWE Equipment Attachments and Y-Tex Corporation.
Placings for the Youth Fitting Contest divisions are as follows:
1. Elizabeth Stoltzfus, Berlin, Pa.
2. Brooke Hammann, Barron, Wis.
3. Abby Grimm, Milaca, Minn.
4. Breanna Fritsch, Kaukauna, Wis.
5. Kiley Henn, Deerfield, Wis.
1. Tyler London, Center, Ky.
2. Jasenko Gavranovic, Nicollet, Minn.
3. Dillon Freeman, Bremen, Ind.
4. Tommy Diemel, Seymour, Wis.
1. Olivia Brandenburg, Fort Atkinson, Wis.
2. Hannah Nelson, Ellsworth, Wis.
3. Emily Mikel, Stafford, N.Y.
4. Sandra Krone, Fountainville, Pa.
5. Kristina Mikkelson, Stoughton, Wis.
1. George Mason, Woodstock, Ont.
2. Austin Nauman, Norwalk, Wis.
3. Jonathan Beiler, Fredericksburg, Pa.
4. Trevor Tuman, Arlington, Minn.
5. Grant Fremstad, Westby, Wis.
For over five decades, the global dairy industry has been meeting in Madison, Wis. for World Dairy Expo. Crowds of nearly 75,000 people from more than 100 countries attended the annual event in 2016. WDE will return Oct. 3-7, 2017 as attendees and exhibitors are encouraged to “Discover New Dairy Worlds.” Visit worlddairyexpo.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@WDExpo or #WDE2017) for more information.