Krone North America introduces a new generation of Cutting Edge™ Forage Harvesters designed for the North American market. These new Krone choppers have just been recognized with two major Innovation Awards at AgriTechnica, the largest farm machinery show in the world, held in Hannover, Germany this past November. The new Krone BiG X Forage Harvester won:
- “Machine of the Year” in the Forage Harvester category.
- A Silver Innovation Award, recognizing the first-of-its-kind new Krone Cab Lift for engineering excellence.
- Exceptional performance from the streamlined VariStream crop flow technology.
- Exclusive Krone design featuring a spring-loaded floor beneath the chopping cylinder and a spring-loaded plate behind the crop accelerator to improve crop flow by allowing clumps of forage to pass smoothly.
- The upgraded design features six feed rollers—now with increased reliability from stronger springs—that create maximum crop compression before entering the cutting drum.
- Stepless hydrostatic drive gives the chopper operator optimum speed control.
- An integrated additive system (high/low volume), and RockProtect system that quickly detects rocks, thus protecting the producer’s investment.
Danny Constant, forage harvester custom operator from Ellsworth, Wisconsin, had a chance to run the new Krone BiG X 780 Forage Harvester this past season. Says Danny, “I’d say Krone has the leading technology. Their crop accelerator, VariStream, and the processors are just further ahead than the John Deere.” Chopper operators will appreciate the new operator station design. The new Cab Lift (optional) elevates the operator above tall crops for an unobstructed view. These new cabs offer excellent visibility (front, side, rear), and come with convenient, ergonomic controls. The spacious, roomier cab offers all the “living-room” comforts, including a new lighting, wiper and camera systems, buddy seat, footrest and cooler. Chopper operation is further improved by better diagnostics. New touch screen display delivers simplified and advanced diagnostics. Servicing is easy, thanks to improved engine and drum access, rear-axle lift and swing out steps.
Click to download a BiG X 680, 780 and 880 Forage Harvester brochure that includes model specifications. Krone emphasizes there is a limited number of the new BiG X Forage Harvesters available for sale in North America for the 2018 season.
About Krone North America:
Krone—a century-old, family-owned and operated business based in Spelle, Germany—has been marketing and selling premium-quality hay and forage equipment in the North America for over 45 years.
Because hay and forage equipment is all Krone sells, we truly understand our customers. That means when Krone employees set out to design and build equipment, we begin by asking customers exactly what they need. And because Krone is a privately-held company, we answer only to customer needs—not corporate shareholder demands. For more information, visit krone-na.com.