The January 10, 2023, through March 2023 issues will feature five classes of dairy cattle for you to evaluate in our 93rd Annual Hoard’s Dairyman Cow Judging Contest. Entry forms can be found in the publication or for group entries, contact email@example.com
for the 2023 judging pamphlet. Teams that have entered in the past two years are scheduled to receive their pamphlets by mid-January 2023.
Same classes, same judges, same contest! Entering online is an option for the 2023 Hoard’s Dairyman Cow Judging Contest. Make your selections and move the cows into the order you want. Save your picks and come back later to finalize your placings. Once submitted, your choices are locked in. Deadline is March 23, 2023.
Good luck! To view the classes and to register visit judging.hoards.com.
DIVISIONS SENIORS —
Anyone 19 years of age or older as of March 23, 2023. Only one entry per person in the Senior Division. JUNIORS —
Anyone 5 to 18 years of age as of March 23, 2023. Only one entry per person in the Junior Division. Twelve CASH PRIZES in each of the Senior and Junior Divisions:
$100 $75 $60 $50 $45 $40 $35 $30 $25 $20 $15 $10 FAMILIES —
Must include three or more immediate family members, all 5 years or older, at least one senior division entry, and all entered on one entry blank. Only one entry per family. Four CASH PRIZES — $100 $75 $50 $25 SPECIAL ENTRY BLANKS*
are needed for the following divisions: 4-H CLUBS, FFA/AG-ED CHAPTERS, COLLEGE & TECHNICAL SCHOOL TEAMS — Four CASH PRIZES in each division — $100 $75 $50 $25 AG-ED INSTRUCTORS — Four CASH PRIZES — $100 $75 $50 $25
(Must be an ag teacher; outside coaches are not eligible.) CO-OP & AG-BUSINESS — Four CASH PRIZES — $100 $75 $50 $25
Email firstname.lastname@example.org RULES Click for complete rules for each division.
Good Luck! Official placings appear in the April 25, 2023 issue of Hoard's Dairyman
- 1. Only one entry per division, but an individual may enter in more than one division. For example, you may enter with your 4-H club, family, and as an individual; but your 4-H club and your family may enter only once.
- 2. Entries must be postmarked on or before MARCH 23, 2023.
- 3. All individuals entering in the 4-H, FFA/Ag-Ed, College and Technical School, Family, Co-op and Ag-Business, or Ag-Ed Instructor Divisions also are automatically entered in the Junior or Senior Division and are eligible to receive cash prizes in those divisions.
- 4. Contest is open to everyone except Hoard's Dairyman employees and members of their families.
- 5. Mail entries to: Contest Dept., Hoard's Dairyman, P.O. Box 801, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0801. Or email to email@example.com Or enter online at judging.hoards.com. Online contest will provide placings and scores at the end of the contest.
- 6. Keep a copy of your placings — no paper entries returned.