New LB434XL large square balers and ISOBUS Class 3 technology improve productivity and performance
The new LB434XL 3x4 large square baler from Case IH helps high-volume hay and forage producers bale more acres per day thanks to improved capacity and greater bale density. Paired with a Puma® or Optum® tractor, this rugged and reliable baler produces consistent, uniform bales acre after acre - regardless of the crop or field conditions.
With the addition of Model Year 2017 RB5 series round balers, Case IH also is pleased to announce ISOBUS Class 3 functionality across the majority of its baler lineup and all
Maxxum® CVT, Puma and Optum tractors. This Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) technology enhances both productivity and bale quality.
"Not only are we meeting the demand for heavier bales with greater density through our LB434XL balers, we're giving producers the technology they need to more efficiently harvest each crop at its peak nutritional value," said Cole Carling, Case IH hay and forage marketing manager. "From tractors to balers and the latest precision technology, the growing lineup of innovative Case IH equipment at dealerships across North America truly offers a one-stop shop for today's producer."
LB434XL large square balers raise the bar for productivity and reliability
From the beefed-up bale chamber to the rugged frame, the LB434XL is designed from the ground up for large-scale hay and forage operations with a lot of ground to cover and a short time to do it. Operators will immediately notice a 31.5-inch longer bale chamber. This 31 percent increase over current LB434 balers delivers up to 10 percent higher bale density. Greater density means more crop per bale, decreasing bale count as well as handling, wrapping and transportation costs - helping producers economically reach new markets.
The new LB434XL 3x4 large square baler from Case IH features a longer chamber, which creates up to 10 percent higher bale density for excellent bale shape and consistent production.
ISOBUS Class 3-enabled Feedrate Control technology makes the dense, well-formed bales produced by the LB434XL easy to achieve for operators of all skill levels. This technology allows the baler to run at optimal performance and capacity by controlling the speed of an ISOBUS Class 3-compatible tractor, such as the versatile Optum. Feedrate Control includes two running operations:
- Charge Control: Automatically adjusts the tractor's speed to reach optimal capacity from the baler. This results in higher throughput by up to 9 percent overall.
- Slice Control: Automatically adjusts the tractor's speed based on bale slice thickness. This allows the operator to predetermine the number of slices per bale to create more consistent bale weight and length.
In addition to ISOBUS Class 3, the LB434XL comes with AFS capability built in. The intuitive, easy-to-read AFS Pro 300 or 700 control center display monitors bale weight and moisture while detecting misties in real time - even at high speeds. Regardless of windrow conditions, steering sensors located on each side of the pre-chamber show the operator how to steer for quicker reactions and more uniform bale slices.
"Today's commercial operations must produce dense, perfectly shaped bales," Carling said. "Whether transporting down the road or across the globe, importers demand top-quality feed value. Equipped with the latest technology, producers will experience less fatigue, along with greater peace of mind knowing that each bale they produce is consistent in quality, flake size and shape."
The LB434XL baler is built to handle capacity. Additional enhancements to this workhorse model include:
- Robust design: The heavy-duty plunger hammers out uniform, dense bales at 48 strokes per minute while the rugged PTO driveline handles 40 percent more peak torque. Increased pickup auger thickness, more robust axle and bearing options and a stronger frame add to overall durability.
- Larger platform: A larger platform makes baler clean-off easier for greater productivity. Folding safety railings simplify shipping and road transport, along with better access to the front of knotter fans.
- Improved bale-ejection system: The extended bale chamber ensures bales drop more gently with less twine breakage. Partial or full bale eject options feature an active teeth system for greater durability and reliable bale ejection.
- Hydraulic hose identification: Color-coded decals identify hydraulic lines to simplify tractor hookup.
- LED work and service lights: Clear illumination to key areas such as pickup, twine boxes, needles and knotters, and the rear safety rail provide better visibility.
ISOBUS Class 3 technology boosts round baler productivity
For Model Year 2017, RB5 series round balers can be equipped with a new ISOBUS Class 3 Tractor and Baler Automation option. This system controls the tractor stop, bale wrap and bale eject functions without any operator input required. Hooked up to a Puma or Maxxum CVT tractor, operators can take advantage of ISOBUS Class 3 controls to automatically stop the tractor when the target bale size is reached. From there, net wrap is automatically applied and, when the wrap cycle is complete, the baler tailgate raises and lowers automatically to eject each wrapped bale. Once the completed bale is ejected, the operator can simply move the tractor shuttle lever to the forward position and go.
"We look forward to helping our customers rethink just how productive their operations can be with these latest baler enhancements and technology," Carling added.
For more information, visit your Case IH dealer or caseih.com.
Case IH is a global leader in agricultural equipment, committed to collaborating with its customers to develop the most powerful, productive, reliable equipment - designed to meet today's agricultural challenges. With headquarters in the United States, Case IH has a network of dealers and distributors that operates in over 160 countries. Case IH provides agricultural equipment systems, flexible financial service offerings and parts and service support for professional farmers and commercial operators through a dedicated network of professional dealers and distributors. Productivity-enhancing products include tractors; combines and harvesters; hay and forage equipment; tillage tools; planting and seeding systems; sprayers and applicators; site-specific farming tools; and utility vehicles. Case IH is a brand of CNH Industrial N.V. (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI).