We understand COVID-19 has made an impact not only how we live in our day-to-day lives, but also in the way we operate our businesses. We acknowledge that impact, but also want to recognize and provide insight on the opportunity it presents for building a stronger future together. This agricultural webinar series offers economic and stimulus updates, provide details on the dairy protection program, and creates discussion on the focus of fiscal longevity. Join the South Dakota Ag Foundation and Central Plains Dairy Foundation, in partnership with SDARL, Farm Credit Services of America, and Maxwell Strategies, this summer to interact in discussion with our highly experienced and educated speakers from all different areas of Ag.
Our first session will be led by John Weber, a Senior Advisor for U.S. Representative Dusty Johnson. In this capacity, he advises on issues relating to Agriculture, Energy, Trade, and Natural Resources. He also manages Rep. Johnson's work on the House Agriculture Committee where Dusty serves as Ranking Member of the Nutrition and Oversight Subcommittee. John graduated from South Dakota State University receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Animal Science. He grew up in animal agriculture, working on his family’s feedlot in Sanborn, M.N.
John will provide an update on the response to the market fall out from COVID-19. He will provide insight on the CARES Act, specifically as it is implemented through the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) as well as the prospects for future assistance. Interact with John during the Q&A portion of the webinar!
To register for John’s session, please click here!
Below is a full list of our free ag webinar series.
- Federal Response to Ag and COVID-19 - June 23rd @10am (CST) with John Weber
- Managing Through the Black Swan Cycle - July 2nd @ 10am (CST) with Dr. David Kohl
- Dairy Economic Update - July 9th @ 2pm (CST) with Sarina Sharp
- Financial Decision Making & Resiliency in a Crisis! - July 23rd @ 10am (CST) with Alan Hojer
- Dairy Revenue Protection (DRP) Insurance - TBD - with Jane Jaspers and Bradyn Steffen
- Leadership During Uncertain Times - TBD - with Chris Maxwell & Don Norton
If you are interested in any of the sessions, please email email@example.com. She will contact you as soon as you may register for the rest of the series.