Eight Junior Holstein Members have been selected for Holstein Association USA’s annual Young Distinguished Junior Member (YDJM) competition. The Young Distinguished Junior Member award is the highest honor given to members of the National Junior Holstein Association, ages 9 to 16, in recognition of their accomplishments working with Holsteins, achievements and leadership in Holstein activities, as well as school and community involvement.
The 2022 Young Distinguished Junior Member Semifinalists are:
- Isaac Folts, North Collins, New York
- Sophia Geppert, Kingdom City, Missouri
- Sophie Griswold, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
- Elizabeth Gunst, Hartford, Wisconsin
- Logan Harbaugh, Marion, Wisconsin
- Jenna Larson, Okeechobee, Florida
- Madison Mowrer, Petersburg, Pennsylvania
- Shelby Swanson, Hutchinson, Minnesota
The eight finalists were chosen by a panel of judges based on their knowledge of the dairy industry and participation in Holstein, dairy, and other activities. Their ability to be a good role model for other youth and positive spokesperson for the dairy industry were also taken into consideration.
The YDJM finalists will be honored during the Junior Awards Banquet at the National Holstein Convention being held June 27 to July 1, 2022, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
For more information or to register for the 2022 National Holstein Convention visit www.2022nationalholsteinconvention.com. To learn more about the Young Distinguished Junior Members or Junior Holstein Association visit www.holsteinusa.com/juniors.