The information below has been supplied by dairy marketers and other industry organizations. It has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hoard's Dairyman.
Wisconsin Farmers Union will host its 93rd State Convention Dec. 8-10th at Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells. Over 200 farmers and rural advocates are expected to gather for the weekend of networking, educational speakers, and grassroots policymaking.
Friday, December 8th
- Noon to 4:30PM – Groundswell: Navigating the Nexus of Groundwater, Agriculture, and Conservation. The convention weekend kicks off at noon on Friday, Dec. 8th with a pre-conference Groundswell event, “Navigating the Nexus of Groundwater, Agriculture, and Conservation.” Jim VandenBrook will provide a keynote address.
- 6-9PM – Networking Night & Live Auction: Come connection with farmers from throughout the state for a relaxed evening social and join in the fun as we raise funds to provide camp scholarships for WFU’s Kamp Kenwood.
Saturday, December 9th
- 9:45AM WFU Presidential Address by Darin Von Ruden
- 10:55-12:15AM – Workshops: A Farm Bill For All, Sarah Carden. Infrastructure and Rural Revitalization, Beth Haskovec
- 12:15-1:15PM – Awards Banquet honoring members and rural champions
- 1:15-2:15PM – Policy Discussion
- 2:15-3:30PM – Workshops: Diversifying Farm Profits Panel. Dairy Policy & Economics, Leonard Polzin
- 3:45-5:00PM – Policy Discussion
- 6:00PM Convention Banquet
- 7:00PM – Convention Keynote: Zephyr Teachout will be speaking about antitrust and monopoly power
- 8:30PM – Networking social with live music by Uncommon Denominator
Sunday, December 11th
- 9:00AM –Policy Discussion resumes
- 12:00PM – Board Election Results Announced, Lunch, Policy Discussion resumes (anticipated wrap-up around 1pm)
Interviews available with WFU staff and workshop speakers. Contact WFU Communications Director Tommy Enright at 715-563-2169 or email@example.com with any questions or to arrange for individual interviews.
Wisconsin Farmers Union is a member-driven organization committed to enhancing the quality of life for family farmers, rural communities and all citizens through educational opportunities, cooperative endeavors and civic engagement.