Industry support helps Foundation continue to invest in the future of agriculture.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation announces its 2013 scholarship recipients. The Foundation recently awarded more than $20,000 in educational support to Wisconsin FFA members pursuing postsecondary education.
"Again this year, we saw a large pool of qualified candidates for the Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarships," says Rick Daluge, past president of the Wisconsin FFA Foundation Board. "The depth of outstanding applicants is a testament to the strong future of Wisconsin's agriculture industry. The Wisconsin FFA Foundation is proud to partner with our sponsors in honoring this year's scholarship winners."
Scholarships were awarded through company and individual endowed funds by supporters who share a passion for agriculture education and leadership development with the Foundation. Twenty-nine scholarships were awarded to Wisconsin FFA members as follows (FFA chapter, recipient name, award):
· Beaver Dam, Angela Bock GROWMARK
· Black Hawk, Connor J. Moore Foth Production Solutions, LLC
· Brillion, Erica Lamers Bernie and Marty Staller Endowment
· Brookwood, Sarah Witt Cooperative Resources International
· Cochrane-Fountain City, Erin Pronschinske Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
· Freedom, Cole H. Anderson John & Hattie Van Wychen Endowment
· Kewaunee, Bailey Post ANIMART
· Kiel, Elizabeth Binversie Cooperative Resources International
· Laconia, Derrek Kamphuis UW-Madison Collegiate FFA (FISC)
· Lena, Marlena Wagner Arnold & Katherine Cordes Endowment
· Lodi, Kramer Endres Foth Production Solutions, LLC
· Lodi, Sydney Endres Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
· Lodi, Sarah Shimshak Mary Elstad & Dean P. Gagnon Endowment
· Marshfield, Jamie Gilbertson Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
· Mauston, Ethan Giebel Louis M. Sasman Endowment
· Mauston, Kadence Walsh Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
· Melrose-Mindoro, Valerie Ponterio Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
· Mishicot, Kelly Wilfert UW-Madison Collegiate FFA
· Monroe, Maria Eberle Rodney O. Kittlesen Endowment
· New Richmond, Gabes Rabb Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
· Oconomowoc, Bradley Griswold Blain's Farm and Fleet
· River Valley, Erik Gilbertson GROWMARK
· Sauk Prairie, Bobbi Kilian Hovey ANIMART
· Spencer, Aaron Zimmerman Star Blends
· Stoughton, Sigrid M. Arneson WPS Farm Show Food Vendors
· Stoughton, Kaylyn Lund Dr. Virgil & Ann Martinson Endowment
· Viroqua, Thomas Larson Blain's Farm and Fleet
· Wonewoc-Center, Stephanie Kopenhafer Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
· Waupun, Bradley Warmka Elstad Brothers Endowment
Winners of the 2013 Foundation Scholarships will be recognized at the Wisconsin FFA Convention in June. All Foundation scholarships are awarded to seniors in high school or students currently enrolled in a university or technical school. Awardees are members in good standing of the Wisconsin Association of FFA and have maintained a satisfactory scholastic record.
For additional information on how you can support the Wisconsin FFA Foundation's scholarship program, visit http://www.wisconsinffafoundation.org/ or call 608-831-5058.
To show supporter pride for Wisconsin FFA, any Wisconsin FFA supporter corporate or individual can donate $10 or more to the Wisconsin FFA Foundation and receive a window cling to highlight their commitment to the organization.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, unites individuals, organizations and companies who share a common interest in the advancement of agriculture and community leadership through FFA. You can support today's FFA members by supporting the programs that have been core tenets of the FFA: proficiency awards, career development events, state FFA degrees, sectional leadership workshops, scholarships, chapter awards, agri-science fair, state FFA convention and state officer support. Learn more about the Wisconsin FFA Foundation and sponsorship opportunities by visiting www.wisconsinffafoundation.org.