The Dairy Team will host the first ever U of M Virtual Dairy Day Seminar using ITV on March 7, 2012 (9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.). The event will be broadcast live to five locations throughout Minnesota. The locations along with contact information for local hosts are listed below.
ITV will provide an opportunity to deliver dairy programming simultaneously in multiple locations conveniently located for dairy producers and allied dairy industry, offer an opportunity for Q and A discussion around the state, and allow faculty with teaching appointments to engage with the Minnesota dairy industry during the academic semester.
Topics and speakers for the day include:
- Understanding Teat End Lesions - Dr. Jeremy Schefers, Veterinary Population Medicine
- Ventilating Pre-weaned Calf Facilities - Dr. Kevin Janni, Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering
- Creating an Economically Sustainable Dairy Business - Jim Salfer, U of M Extension
- Using Technology to Improve Reproductive Efficiency - Dr. Ricardo Chebel, Veterinary Population Medicine
- Strategies to Improve Forage Digestibility - Dr. Noah Litherland, Department of Animal Science
Presentations will be recorded and made available on the U of M Dairy Extension website.
Registration is $20 per person, which includes lunch and the 2012 U of M Dairy Research and Extension Update Proceedings with 17 articles from 22 authors. Pre-registration is not required. However, for meal planning purposes, please contact the local host at least 2 days in advance if you plan to attend.
LOCATIONS / LOCAL HOSTS
Fergus Falls, MN
Minnesota State Community & Tech College, 1414 College Way
Host: Jim Salfer, Phone: 320-203-6093, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCALE Regional Training Facility, 17706 Valley View Drive
Host: Laura Kieser, Phone: 952-466-5300 or 952-492-5410, Email: email@example.com
Long Prairie, MN
Todd County Courthouse Annex, 119 Third Street South
Host: Randy Pepin, Phone: 320-732-4435, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MN West Community & Technical College, 1314 North Hiawatha
Host: Jim Paulson, Phone: 507-536-6300, Email: email@example.com
St. Cloud, MN
St. Cloud Technical & Community College, 1540 Northway Drive
Host: Craig Roerick, Phone: 320-255-6169, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org