Bio-Vet, Inc., has reformulated its FermenAider silage inoculants to improve their versatility and value. Bio-Vet silage inoculants now offer three convenient application rates to provide enhanced value under various conditions:
- 100,000 CFU (Colony Forming Units) per gram of forage for ideal ensiling conditions
- 200,000 CFU per gram for normal conditions
- 400,000 CFU per gram for difficult conditions.
FermenAider inoculants contain a combination of enzymes and the numbers of beneficial bacteria shown by university research to be effective in improving fermentation of forages. FermenAider inoculants help generate:
- A more rapid and complete fermentation
- Improved retention of forage nutrients
- Improved silage stability and feed value.
FermenAider silage inoculants are available in dry granular (DG) and water soluble (WS) formulations. FermenAider WS is available in 100 gram and 1 kg pouches, and FermenAider DG is packaged in 50 lb. bags that treat up to 100 tons. Both contain multiple strains of homofermentative bacteria, which produce lactic acid to conserve the maximum amount of energy in forage. These strains include:
- Pediococcus acidilactici to rapidly lower pH during the initial fermentation phase
- Pediococcus pentosaceus, which utilize five-carbon sugar rings present in some plants during initial fermentation
- Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus casei to complete fermentation at a lower, more stable pH.
In addition, FermenAider WS and DG contain a new strain of Lactobacillus brevis which is heterofermentative.
Bio-Vet, Inc., founded in 1991, researches, manufactures and markets direct fed microbial and nutritional products for dairy and beef cattle, small ruminants and horses. Bio-Vet is a leader in using beneficial bacteria to improve animal health and productivity. The company holds U.S. patents for its innovative products. For more information, contact Bio-Vet at 1-800-246-8381 or visit www.Bio-Vet.com.