Section 1: Rumen function
• Carbohydrate Nutrition and Manure Scoring, Part II: Tools for Monitoring Rumen Function in Dairy Cattle (2007) Hall, M. B.
• Dairy Cattle Nutrition of Milking and Dry Dairy Cows Extension
• Dairy Cattle Nutrition Publications. UW-Extension
• Feed Management: Conservation Practice Standard 592 (2003) NRCS
• Feeding the Dairy Herd (2005) Linn, J. G. et al.
• New Developments in TMR Particle Size Measurement (2011) Kononoff, P. J. et al.
• Subacute Ruminal Acidosis in Dairy Cattle (2003) Oetzel, G. R.
Section 2: Energy requirements
• Energy (2001) National Research Council: Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle: Seventh Revised Edition (pp. 13–27)
• Energetics for the Practicing Nutritionist (2010) Weiss, W. P.
• Refining the Net Energy System (2010) Weiss, W. P.
Section 3: Protein and amino acids
• Balancing Diets for Amino Acids: Nutritional, Environmental and Financial Implications (2010) Schwab, C. G.
• Challenges in Protein Nutrition for Dairy Cows (2006) Doepel, L. et al.
• Feeding Low Crude Protein Rations to Dairy Cows – What Have We Learned? (2012) Chase, L. et al.
• Protein and Amino Acids (2001) National Research Council. In: Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle, Seventh Revised Edition (pp. 43–104)
• Why Use Metabolizable Protein for Ration Balancing? (2010) Varga, G. A.
Section 4: Nutrient analysis
• Dry Matter Determination (2007) Nennich, T. et al.
• Forage Sampling Frequency as Influenced by Dairy Herd Size (2010) Hoffman, P. et al.
• Nutrient Variability in Feeds within Farms (2012) Weiss, W. et al.
• Optimizing Starch Concentrations in Dairy Rations (2005) Grant, R.
• Relative Forage Quality (2010) Undersander, D. et al.
Section 5: Dry matter and efficiency
• Increasing Efficiency of Nutrient Use to Enhance Profit and Environmental Stewardship (2011) VandeHaar, M. J.
• Major Advances in Nutrition: Relevance to the Sustainability of the Dairy Industry (2006) VandeHaar, M. et al.
• Mitigation of Enteric Methane Emissions Through Improving Efficiency of Energy Utilization and Productivity in Lactating Dairy Cows (2010) Yan, T. et al.
• Practical Approaches to Feed Efficiency and Applications on the Farm (2007) Hutjens, M. F.
Section 6: Feed management
• Associations Between Nondietary Factors and Dairy Herd Performance (2008) Bach, A. et al.
• Impact of Feeding Management on Cow Behaviour, Health, and Productivity (2013) DeVries, T. J.
• Stocking Density and Feed Barrier Design Affect the Feeding and Social Behavior of Dairy Cattle (2006) Huzzey, J. M. et al.
• Using Feedstuff Inventory Management and Feeding Management Software on the Dairy: Concepts and Tasks (2009) Jamison, C. A.
Section 7: Water quality and access
• Evaluation of Water Quality and Nutrition for Dairy Cattle (2006) Beede, D. K.
• Scientific Data for Developing Water Budgets on a Dairy (2013) Harner, J. et al.
• Watering Facility: Conservation Practice Standard 614 (2010)