Holstein Canada is pleased to announce that a new and refreshed homepage for holstein.ca is now live. The new page has been designed with website visitors in mind, and includes several improvements to enhance the functionality and overall user experience while respecting the Holstein Canada branding. The web changes were made with the goals of making the most-used features more accessible and the website easier to navigate.
The following are some of the things that have changed:
1. The “Animal Inquiry” function has now moved to the top of the homepage, with links to the tool in the middle of the page, as well as at the bottom. Animal Inquiry is the most popular tool, so putting it front and centre was a logical decision.
2. The main menu now features drop down menus with sub-menus to help users quickly navigate to where they need to go.
3. There is now a dedicated section for pertinent news items to be displayed, and this section also includes a feature to allow users to sign-up to receive the news in their inbox.
4. The new homepage has been built with the idea that many people are accessing the site from a mobile device, and therefore includes a much improved dynamic mobile display.
5. Some additional features include a direct link to the most recent InfoHolstein on the homepage, a spot to showcase videos, the live Holstein Canada twitter feed, and a static tagline with a selection of photos that will change each time a user visits the page. This last feature replaces the rotating banners.
Also being released with the new homepage is a new printable PDF version of the “Family Tree” on the Animal Information Sheets (AIS). As a result of user feedback, the look and layout have been improved, and it now prints on one sheet of paper.
A complete website relaunch took place in the fall of 2013, and the updates released today are most significant and noticeable since that time. Holstein Canada will continue to collect feedback and implement changes that will enhance the functionality, accessibility and overall user experience.