The crucial first weeks of a calf’s life play a key role in future success. That’s why Provimi, your partner in animal nutrition, is pleased to announce a breakthrough in calf nutrition with their updated amino acid balancing technology, AmNeo™.
It’s not enough to provide crude protein by itself to calves. It’s about delivering the right sequence of essential amino acids. Using AmNeo™ to supplement specific amino acids in a calf’s diet reduces the need to increase crude protein, while maximizing overall efficiency, average dairy gain (ADG), and cost effectiveness.
With an updated proprietary formula, AmNeo™ has shown to have the following effects on calf development:
· Ten percent average increase in total weight gain and 13 percent increase in frame growth across trials when feeding an optimal 24 percent protein, 17 percent fat milk replacer.
· Fourteen percent increase in weight gain and 12 percent increase in frame growth when feeding a conventional 20 percent protein, 20 percent fat milk replacer.
The benefits of amino acid balancing are well-documented when feeding poultry, swine, veal calves and commercial dairy cattle, but Provimi is one of the first to actively research its effects on dairy calf performance.
Studies conducted at Provimi’s Nurture Research Center (NRC) have specifically investigated amino acid requirements for milk replacer-fed calves, addressing the optimum amino acid-to-energy ratio in milk replacers, and identifying the ideal formulation of milk replacers based on limiting amino acids.
In previous NRC studies, calves fed the original AmNeo™ formula saw the following results:
· Nine percent increase in growth when used in conventional milk replacers as compared to calves fed milk replacer without amino acid balancing technology.
· Fifteen percent increase in growth when used in optimal milk replacers as compared to calves fed milk replacer without amino acid balancing technology.
· Increased nitrogen efficiency with increasing amino acid inclusion in calves fed a 17 percent fat milk replacer at one and half pounds per day.
To learn more about Amneo™, the latest research on why crude protein alone isn’t enough and Provimi’s full line of calf and lactating cow products, please visit www.provimiUS.com or call 1.800.257.3788.
Provimi is an expert in animal nutrition and technology. Backed by the strength of Cargill, Provimi partners with animal producers and feed manufacturers to provide custom, leading-edge nutrition solutions in the dairy, beef, pork, and poultry industries. Please visit www.provimiUS.com to learn more.