Make plans now to join the Midwest Forage Association for its popular 2018 Tour de Forage series of meetings beginning Tuesday, January 30 in St. Charles, MN. Act quickly, discounted pre-registration is available at www.midwestforage.org.
· Tuesday, January 30, St. Charles, MN (St. Charles Community Center)
· Wednesday, January 31, Albany, MN (Shady’s Home Town Tavern & Events Ctr.)
· Thursday, February 1, Floodwood, MN (The Event Center)
Together with University of Minnesota Extension and the forage councils in northeast, central, and southeast Minnesota, the Midwest Forage Association is hosting Tour de Forage featuring national and regional experts in forage production. Dr. Ev Thomas of Oak Point Agronomics and formerly with Cornell University Cooperative Extension and the William H. Miner Agricultural Research Institute in Chazy, NY, is serving as this year’s keynote speaker.
Agendas vary by location so you are encouraged to visit www.midwestforage.org for site specific agendas. Presentations include:
· Grass & Alfalfa-Grass Mixtures: Keys for Success (Ev Thomas, Oak Point Agronomics)
· Managing Soil Nutrients in Livestock/Dairy Operations (Ev Thomas, Oak Point Agronomics)
· Two Step Calf Weaning Process (Eric Mousel, University of MN)
· Late Season Grazing Impact on Grass & Legume Species (Dan Braaten, University of MN)
· Winter Kill & Other Peril Insurance Options (Steve Frelich, NAU Country)
· Managing Resistant Weeds with Forage in the Rotation (Jake Overgaard, University of MN)
· Using Winter Cereals for Forage (Ev Thomas, Oak Point Agronomics)
· What’s Hot & What’s Not in Corn Hybrids for Silage (Ev Thomas, Oak Point Agronomics)
· MFA Grazing Variety Trial Report (Troy Salzer, Univ. of MN)
· … and more (see specific brochures for details regarding each location’s presentations)
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about forages, network with industry professionals, and have your forage-related questions answered. Lunch and a copy of the series proceedings are included with registration.
To register, please visit www.midwestforage.org or contact MFA at 651.484.3888.