Each seminar is approved for one continuing education credit for members of both the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS) and the American Association of State Veterinary Boards – RACE Program (RACE).
Sponsors of the 2018 Expo Seminars include Feed Supervisor Software, Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, Micronutrients, Quality Liquid Feeds, Inc. and Semex.
The following is a schedule of 2018 Expo Seminars, which will be held in the Mendota 2 meeting room of the Alliant Energy Center’s Exhibition Hall.
Tuesday, October 2, 1:00 p.m.
Entering the Dairy Industry; How do Young People get Started into Dairying
- Gary Sipiorski, Dairy Development Manager, Vita Plus
Wednesday, October 3, 11:00 a.m.
Large-Scale Robots: Is It Worth the Hype
- Brian Houin, Owner, Homestead Dairy, LLC
- Sponsored by: Quality Liquid Feeds, Inc.
Wednesday, October 3, 1:00 p.m.
Will the Farm Bill Hurt or Help?
- Dr. Mark Stephenson, Director of Dairy Policy Analysis, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Thursday, October 4, 11:00 a.m.
Are You Raising the Right Number of Heifers?
- Jason Karszes, Senior Extension Associate, PRO-DAIRY at Cornell University
- Sponsored by: Micronutrients
Thursday, October 4, 1:00 p.m.
KPIs: Your Yardstick to Improve What Matters on Your Operation
- Dr. Tom Fuhrmann, Consultant, DairyWorks Management System
- Terry Battcher, Consultant, DairyWorks Management System
Friday, October 5, 11:00 a.m.
Improved Genomic Selection for Health and Other Traits
- Dr. Paul VanRaden, Research Geneticist, USDA-AGIL
- Sponsored by: Semex
Friday, October 5, 1:00 p.m.
View from the top: How corporate restaurant and food retail sourcing policies are being developed and the implications to the farmer
- Mike Brown, Director, Dairy Supply Chain, The Kroger Co.
- Sarah Hendren, Nutrition & Quality Assurance Manager, Culver Franchising System, LLC
- Angela Anderson, Director, Customer Outreach, Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy
Sponsored by: Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy
Saturday, October 6, 11:00 a.m.
Learning from the Future – Dairying in 2068
- Dr. Jack H. Britt, Senior Consultant, Jack H. Britt Consulting
Serving as the meeting place of the global dairy industry, World Dairy Expo brings together the latest in dairy innovation and the best cattle in North America. Crowds of nearly 70,000 people, from 100 countries, will return to Madison, Wisconsin for the 52nd annual event, October 2-6, 2018, when the world’s largest dairy-focused trade show, dairy and forage seminars, a world-class dairy cattle show and more will be on display. Visit worlddairyexpo.com