Allen Merrill, a dairy farmer from Parker, South Dakota, was re-elected chairman of Midwest Dairy during the organization’s annual meeting held in conjunction with the Western Dairy Forum in Phoenix, Arizona.
Elections for the Corporate board officer team also were held. Charles Krause, Buffalo, Minnesota, was re-elected first vice chairman; Dan Hotvedt, Decorah, Iowa, was re-elected second vice chairman; Lowell Mueller, Hooper, Nebraska, was re-elected secretary and Barb Liebenstein, Dundas, Minnesota, was re-elected treasurer.
New members elected by their Divisions to the Midwest Dairy Corporate board include:
- Sheri Atteberry, Conway, Missouri
- Kelly Cunningham, Atlantic, Iowa
- Margaret Johnson, Fountain, Minnesota
- Brent Mueller, Garden Prairie, Illinois
- Joyce Racicky, Mason City, Nebraska
Division board officers and new members are as follows:
- Chairman – Bill Deutsch, Sycamore
- Vice Chairman – David Jarden, Staunton
- Secretary – Amy Hildebrandt, South Beloit
- Treasurer – Glen Meier, Ridott
- Chairman – Dan Hotvedt, Decorah
- Vice Chairman – Bruce Brockshus, Ocheyedan
- Secretary – Jonna Schutte, Monona
- Treasurer – Larry Shover, Delhi
Patrick Jones, Spencer, was seated as a new member of the Iowa Division board.
- Chairwoman – Barb Liebenstein, Dundas
- Vice Chairman – Charles Krause, Buffalo
- Secretary – Rita Young, Plainview
- Treasurer – Suzanne Vold, Glenwood
Megan Herberg, St. Peter; Kate McAndrews, Sauk Centre; and Erik Sonnek, Foreston, were seated as new members of the Minnesota Division board.
The Minnesota Dairy Promotion Council, a quasi-governmental group with the same board members, elected the following:
- Chairwoman – Kathy Skiba, North Branch
- Vice Chairwoman – Chris Sukalski, Leroy
- Secretary – Kristine Spadgenske, Menahga
- Treasurer – Karen Kasper, Owatonna
- Executive member at-large – Margaret Johnson, Fountain
- Chairman – Byron Lehman, Newton, Kansas
- Vice Chairman – Alex Peterson, Trenton, Missouri
- Secretary – Donna Telle, Uniontown, Missouri
- Treasurer – Curtis Steenbock, Longford, Kansas
Brian Haverkamp, Seneca, Kansas; was seated as a new member of the Mo-Kan Division board.
- Chairwoman – Joyce Racicky; Mason City
- Vice Chairwoman – Mary Temme, Wayne
- Secretary/Treasurer – Jodi Cast, Beaver Crossing
Mike Henn, Norfolk, was seated as a new member of the Nebraska Division board.
North Dakota Division
- Chairman – Kenton Holle, Mandan
- Vice Chairman – Terry Entzminger, Jamestown
- Secretary – Rita Mosset, Linton
- Treasurer – Lilah Krebs, Gladstone
Dwane Wanzek, Cleveland, was seated as a new member of the North Dakota Division board.
- Chairman – Nathan Roth, Mountain Grove, Missouri
- Vice Chairwoman – Marilyn Calvin, Mt. Vernon, Missouri
- Secretary – Brittany Groves, Billings Missouri
- Treasurer – Mark Fellwock, Monett, Missouri
Jack Dill, Conway, Missouri; was seated as a new member of the Ozarks Division board.
South Dakota Division
- Chairman – Jim Neugebauer, Dimock
- Vice Chairwoman – Annelies Seffrood, Summit
- Secretary – Chris Fieber, Goodwin
- Treasurer – Gary Jarding, Alexandria
Jogchum Andringa, Brandt, was seated as a new member of the South Dakota Division board.
Midwest Dairy™ represents 7,000 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life! by Giving Consumers an Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit MidwestDairy.com