These officers were elected at the 2019 Joint Annual Meeting of the NDB, UDIA and National Milk Producers Federation in New Orleans, and they will serve to lead national dairy checkoff strategies and programs to protect and grow sales.
“I look forward to serving the dairy community in the coming year as a member of the UDIA board,” said Allen Merrill, who is also the Chairman of the Midwest Dairy Board. “We will work together and, as an industry, address the challenges we’re facing, capitalize on the opportunities in front of us and continue to tell the story of dairy to drive demand.”
UDIA officers elected were:
- Chair – Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
- 1st Vice Chair – Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D.
- 2nd Vice Chair, American Dairy Association – Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
- 2nd Vice Chair, National Dairy Council – Audrey Donahoe, Clayville, N.Y.
- 2nd Vice Chair, UDIA Member Relations – Rick Podtburg, Greeley, Colo.
- Secretary – Michelle Schilter, Chehalis, Wash.
- Treasurer – John Brubaker, Buhl, Idaho
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy farmer-funded promotion organizations that provide marketing programs developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy farmers elected by respective local and regional boards of UDIA member organizations.
DMI officers elected were:
- Chair – Marilyn Hershey, Cochranville, Penn. (re-elected)
- Vice Chair – Steve Maddox, Riverdale, Calif.
- Secretary – Skip Hardie, Groton, N.Y.
- Treasurer – deb Vander Koi, Worthington, Minn.
DMI manages the national checkoff program and is co-funded by NDB and UDIA.
The NDB officers elected were:
- Chair – Brad Scott, San Jacinto, Calif.
- Vice Chair – Connie Seefeldt, Coleman, Wisc.
- Secretary – Arlene Vander Eyk, Tulare, Calif.
- Treasurer – Alex Peterson, Trenton, Mo.
The 37-member NDB, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand, and expand domestic and international markets for dairy products.
American Dairy Association officers elected were:
- Chair – Tom Woods
- Vice Chair – Jerrel Heatwole, Greenwood, Del.
- Secretary – Lowell Mueller, Hooper, Neb.
- Treasurer – Corby Werth, Alpena, Mich.
National Dairy Council officers elected were:
- Chair – Audrey Donahoe
- Vice Chair – Christine Sukalski, Leroy, Minn.
- Secretary – Harold Howrigan, Sheldon, Vt.
- Treasurer – Lynn Ramsey, Emory, Texas
Midwest Dairy™ represents 7,000 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life! by Giving Consumers an Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit MidwestDairy.com. Follow us on Twitter and find us on Facebook at Midwest Dairy. Dairy. For relevant conversations about issues and trends in the dairy community, listen to Dairy on the Air.