At a board meeting in Chesterfield, Mo., on November 12, the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA) seated its 2020 Board of Directors and elected members to the Executive Committee.
"I'm honored to be working alongside some of the most passionate and committed individuals in the food and agriculture sector," said Erin Fitzgerald, CEO, USFRA. "I'm excited to continue our goals of growing healthy food to feed the planet, in a way that positively contributes to the planet. Our board is made up of change agents that will lead food and agriculture to a sustainable and promising future."
Members of the USFRA 2020 Executive Committee are:
- Chip Bowling, Chairman and representing the National Corn Growers Association
- Scott VanderWal, Vice Chairman and representing American Farm Bureau Federation
- Anne Meis, Secretary and representing Nebraksa Soybean Board
- Blair Van Zetten, Treasurer and representing American Egg Board
- Brad Greenway, Immediate Past Chair and representing National Pork Board
- Pamela Strifler, At-Large Member and representing Bayer
- Joe Koss, At-Large Member and representing Culver Franchising System, LLC
The remaining 2020 USFRA board members include:
- James Adams, U.S. Poultry & Egg Association
- Doug Berven, Poet
- Phil Borgic, National Pork Producers Council
- Andy Fabin, United Soybean Board
- Marilyn Hershey, Dairy Management, Inc.
- Jim Martin, Illinois Soybean Association
- Scott Phillips, National Pork Board
- Brody Stapel, Edge Dairy Cooperative
"I'm excited to serve on the USFRA board again this year, and honored to serve as Chairman for a second year," said Bowling. "We have a big mission in front of us, and this coming year will be a critical moment in time for change to begin. I'm asking all leaders in food and agriculture to join us and create sustainable food systems that will have lasting impact for our plant and our future generations."
USFRA is convening leaders in the agriculture and food value chain to outline a path forward to more sustainable food systems, and define how food systems could look in the future.
Fore more information, please visit www.usfarmersandranchers.org.
U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA) represents farmer and rancher-led organizations, and food and agricultural partners, with a common vision to further our global sustainable food systems. We believe farmers uniquely contribute to nourishing our planet, people, and natural resources. Our focus is creating a proactive collaboration between the best minds in food, agriculture, science, and technology to co-create solutions that will result in environmental, social, and economic sustainability. Learn more at www.usfarmersandranchers.org.