It’s time to apply for the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council’s Scholars program. The successful applicant earns an expense-paid trip (up to $1,500) to attend the 2020 DCRC Annual Meeting, Nov. 11-12, in Madison, Wisconsin.
Applicants must be a DCRC member (for more information, go to http://www.dcrcouncil.org/membership). Additionally, applicants must be a graduate student enrolled full time at a college or university in a dairy, animal or veterinary science, microbiology or related program at the time of application deadline, with an area of interest that includes dairy cattle reproduction.
- Complete the application form, including school, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number of applicant and faculty reference.
- Submit a one-page interest statement including:
- Why are you interested in dairy cattle reproduction?
- What are your career goals?
- Why do you want to attend the DCRC Annual Meeting?
- If currently working on a research project, discuss how the project will enhance dairy cattle reproduction.
- Provide one recommendation letter from a faculty member or department head.
- Include additional information (limited to one additional page), such as schools attended, list of awards, honors, scholarships, etc.
The application must be completed in English and received by April 30, 2020.
Applications and other required materials must be sent electronically via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will receive an e-mail regarding the selection committee’s decision by June 1, 2020.