Following the December sire summaries, Select Sires graduated 10 daughter-proven sires to the Select Sires, Accelerated Genetics and GenerVations branded product lines. In addition to seven super Holstein sires, there’s a breed-leading Ayrshire, an elite Guernsey and a tremendous Jersey.
“As a farmer-owned cooperative, Select Sires is excited to acquire and develop sires that truly meet the needs of dairy producers,” said Jeff Ziegler, vice president of dairy cattle breeding. “We realize there is no one-size-fits-all approach, so we focus sire procurement and development efforts on balanced genetics, healthy cattle and profitable pedigrees.”
Select Sires Highlights
- 7HO13693 BENZ is an A2A2 sire that will improve components while siring shallow, well-attached udders with perfect teat size. Expect his daughters to be feed efficient and perform well in robotic milking operations as he earns both the RobotPRO® and FeedPRO® designations.
- 7HO13727 JEFRI makes his progeny proven debut among the breed’s top 20 TPI® sires at +2757. This 7HO13250 JEDI son leads the Fertility Index list (+3.5 FI) and boasts valuable mastitis resistance traits.
- 7HO13730 UNDENIED was a popular ShowcaseTM young sire and ranks as Select Sires’ No. 2 proven sire for Type (+3.35 PTAT). With 129 daughters scored to date, UNDENIED adds frame and width of chest with plenty of style.
- 7HO13753 DEVINE is a deep-pedigreed 7HO12449 MARTY son with high Net Merit (+601 NM$), great components (+0.04% Protein, +0.12% Fat) and valuable health traits (+749 DWP$®, +181 WT$®). DEVINE is perfect for automated dairies as a carrier of the RobotPRO designation.
- 7HO13839 TATOO was another heavily used Showcase young sire. He hails from the famed Vangoh Durham Treasure (EX-96-3E-EX-MS) cow family. Reports from the field describe TATOO daughters as clean and dairy with amazing udders. Already a showring success, TATOO also excels in mastitis resistance traits, making his offspring even more appealing.
- 7AY114 PETITION is 93.61% US Ayrshire and offers a highly reliable daughter-proven evaluation. He transmits great production (+394 Milk) and positive components (+19 Protein, +26 Fat) with extremely low Somatic Cell Score (2.77 SCS).
- 7GU470 NEWTON is a 7GU458 JAGUAR son and among the breed’s best for Net Merit (+197 NM$). He offers elite health, fitness and fertility values while qualifying for Select Sires’ FertilityPRO® designation.
- A product of Select Sires’ great partnership with Jerseyland Sires, 7JE1614 SHOCKER checks all the boxes, bringing balanced production, type and health. He answers the call for A2A2 genetics while improving milk yield, components and daughter fertility (+0.3 DPR).
Accelerated Genetics Highlights
- 14HO7823 CROWNE is an elite TPI rank (+2727) 7HO12165 MONTROSS son with superior production (+2,252 Milk) and Combined Fat and Protein (+150 CFP). CROWNE transmits excellent mastitis resistance traits and is RobotPRO designated.
- Daughters of 250HO13743 CASPER are quickly earning him a customer-satisfaction reputation. With positive values for Sire Conception Rate (+2.4 SCR) and Daughter Pregnancy Rate (+1.1 DPR), he is stamped as a FertilityPRO sire.
gender SELECTEDTM SexedULTRATM
- BENZ, UNDENIED, DEVINE, TATOO, CROWNE and CASPER are all available with sex-sorted semen.
For more information about individual sires, please visit www.selectsires.com and use the new Advanced Sire Search to locate and sort sires that match your genetic goals. To access sires from the palm of your hand, download Select Sires Mobile from your app store today!
Based in Plain City, Ohio, Select Sires Inc., is the largest global A.I. cooperative and is comprised of six farmer-owned and -controlled local organizations in the United States. As the industry leader, it provides highly fertile semen, as well as excellence in service and programs to supply dairy and beef producers with the world’s best genetics.