Under recently-approved articles and bylaws, Cooperative Network has moved forward with the election of a new, nine-member board of directors.
The organization is pleased to announce that the following nine directors have been elected to the Cooperative Network board:
- David Johnsrud, Chairman, nominated by CHS, Inc.
- Greg Sacia, Vice-Chairman, nominated by Riverland Energy Cooperative
- Michele Steien, Secretary/Treasurer, nominated by Co-op Credit Union
- Sadie Frericks, nominated by Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Audrey Hjelle, nominated by Great River Energy
- Roger Hildebrandt, nominated by Foremost Farms USA
- Christa Hoffman, nominated by GENEX
- Amber Horn-Leiterman, nominated by Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- James Kinzie, nominated by Bayfield Electric Cooperative
These directors will help guide the future activities of the organization as representatives of its cooperative members throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin.
"I am confident Cooperative Network will be well-served by the new board of directors, who represent our diverse cooperative members across Minnesota and Wisconsin,” said Cooperative Network President and CEO, Daniel Smith. “I look forward to working with the board to provide world-class government affairs, cooperative advocacy and professional development programs to our members."
David Johnsrud, of Starbuck, Minnesota, has served on the Cooperative Network board of directors since 2014 and was recently elected by his peers to serve as Board Chairman.
“I’m sincerely honored and grateful for the support that allows me to represent all members on the Cooperative Network Board, as Chairman,” expressed Johnsrud. “I feel the entire board and staff is a group of dedicated people willing to put forth the commitment needed to make CN the best it can be to represent all its cooperative members when speaking on their behalf, while also providing pertinent and timely educational programs.”
Johnsrud continued, “Relationships need to be maintained and lines of communication should continually be open between staff and all members to better understand each member concern, which in turn helps Cooperative Network to advocate on their behalf. I very much look forward to the future when we can once again meet in person with all members to further accomplish these aspirations.”