The information below is has been supplied by dairy marketers and other industry organizations. It has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hoard's Dairyman.
DeLaval, a worldwide leader in milking equipment and solutions for dairy farmers, is participating in the World Dairy Expo taking place in Madison, Wisconsin, Oct. 1-6, 2023. DeLaval is prepared to introduce its latest innovations, including the newly launched V310 milking system, Teat Spray Robot TSR2 and DeLaval Plus Behavior Analysis solution.
Here is what you can expect to see from DeLaval at the World Dairy Expo:
Newly Launched Innovations:
- VMS™ V310 Milking System: DeLaval will launch its newest milking robot in the VMS Series on Oct. 2, 2023. The V310 system features DeLaval RePro™, which automates heat and pregnancy detection during milking, benefiting both cows and dairy farmers and is the only robotic milking system to offer in-line progesterone testing.
- Teat Spray Robot TSR2: Launched in September, the TSR2 brings automation to pre- and post-spray application while prioritizing cow health. Its new gantry-mounted design ensures cleanliness, and it operates 20% faster than the previous model, significantly improving efficiency.
- DeLaval Plus Behavior Analysis: Launched at the end of August, the DeLaval Plus Behavior Analysis solution utilizes artificial technology (AI) to alert cow health events and enable precise cow localization. This system enhances farm management by helping identify sick cows and cows in heat. Daily updates and real-time information are delivered to farmers' smartphones, making herd management more efficient and effective.
Virtual Farm Tour: On Thursday, Oct. 5, at 10 a.m., DeLaval invites you to a virtual farm tour of the Feltz Family Farm. This one-hour session will feature a video about the farm, showcasing four VMS Classics and six V300s. Jared Feltz will be presenting, followed by a question-and-answer session.
Knowledge Nook Session: Join the discussion on Friday, Oct. 6, at 10:30 a.m. for a Knowledge Nook Session moderated by Jeff Hahn and Jason French from DeLaval. The topic, "Robots or Rotaries with Large Herds," offers to be an insightful discussion with Derrick Josi of Wilsonview Dairy in Tillamook, Oregon, and Mitch Moorlag of Edaleen Dairy in Lynden, Washington. Derrick is the creator behind TDF Honest Farming and has over 1 million followers across his social platforms. He and his family milk 800 jersey cows on a new 50-bail DeLaval PR3100HD rotary. On Mitch’s farm, they milk 1,000 cows on 20 VMS™ V300 units.
Request for Interviews: DeLaval executives and other experts will be available for interviews while attending the show to discuss any of the above topics. Please contact us to schedule interviews prior to the expo.
WHO: The following spokespeople will be in attendance and available to speak on behalf of DeLaval:
- Fernando Cuccioli, EVP, Americas
- Lars Bergmann, EVP, Digital Services
- Magnus Berg, EVP, Product Management & Development
- Gavin Strang, Director, Market Development & Solution Support
- Jason French, AMS Solution Manager
- Jeff Hahn, Solution Manager, Rotaries & Parlors
- Joaquin Azocar, Solution Manager, Farm Management Systems
WHEN: October 1-6, 2023
If you are unable to attend the World Dairy Expo, the contact below would be glad to organize an interview with a DeLaval spokesperson prior to or after the event.
World Dairy Expo
DETAILS: To schedule an interview with a DeLaval spokesperson during the World Dairy Expo, reach out to the contact below. For more information about North America’s largest dairy exhibition and cattle show, please visit https://worlddairyexpo.com/.
Elizabeth Dvorak, Communications Consultant
Laura Wilson, Marketing Communications Manager