Dairy producers as well as others serving and supporting the dairy industry are encouraged to attend one of six Dairy Industry Professional Roundtable Meetings hosted by the Center for Dairy Excellence in six counties across Pennsylvania.
“Pennsylvania’s dairy industry is in a state of transition, and these meetings are intended to be a forum for dairy producers and industry professionals to talk about the factors shaping the industry and its future,” said Jayne Sebright, executive director of the Center for Dairy Excellence. “The meetings will include a look at how the Center can be a resource to farms working to find solutions in an ever-changing and challenging marketplace.”
Each meeting will include an update on Pennsylvania and global market dynamics and dairy profitability forecasts, as well as the factors driving the market dynamics.
Roundtable discussions on resources, tools, and best practices will provide attendees with insights to strengthen their dairy operations. A preliminary look at the results of the 2017 Pennsylvania Dairy Study will also be part of the discussion.
All the meetings will include a meal followed by the roundtable discussion. Meetings will be held:
- Friday, December 8 in Lancaster County, starting at noon at the Shady Maple Smorgasbord, 129 Toddy Drive, East Earl, Pa., 17519.
- Thursday, December 14 in Snyder County, starting at 8:00 a.m. at Perkins, 1394 N. Susquehanna Trail, Selinsgrove, Pa., 17870.
- Thursday, December 14 in Bradford County, starting at 1:00 p.m. at the Riverstone Inn, 47 Leisure Drive, Towanda, Pa., 18848.
- Monday, December 18 in Cumberland County, starting at 11:30 a.m. at Hoss’s Steak & Seahouse, 1151 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, Pa., 17013.
- Tuesday, December 19 in Somerset County, starting at 8:00 a.m. at King’s Family Restaurant, 1180 North Center Ave., Somerset, Pa., 15501.
- Tuesday, December 19 in Mercer County, starting at 1:00 p.m. at Hoss’s Steak & Seahouse, 1948 Leesburg, Grove City Rd., Grove City, Pa., 16127.
All meetings are free to attend; however, registration is required. To register, email Heidi Zimmerman at email@example.com or call the Center for Dairy Excellence at 717-346-0849. For complete details or to register online, go to www.centerfordairyexcellence.org/dairy-producer-roundtable-meetings/.
The Center for Dairy Excellence is a non-profit organization initiated by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture in 2004. Bringing together people from more than 40 different dairy organizations in Pennsylvania, the center’s mission is to enhance the profitability of the dairy industry by empowering people, creating partnerships, and increasing the availability and use of resources. Learn more at centerfordairyexcellence.org.