SHERLOCK is a Dante son, out of a VG-85 Achiever, then a VG-86 Profit. He is backed by an all-proven sire stack and 12 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams. His elite GTPI of +2938 is complimented with extreme components (180 pounds combined Fat & Protein; 0.17%F & +0.08%P) and solid conformation (+1.61 PTAT & +1.33 UDC) To top it off, SHERLOCK is also Beta Casein A2/A2 and free of all undesirable conditions and fertility haplotypes.
SHERLOCK currently has conventional CSS-certified semen available, with female sex-sorted semen to be made available in the coming months.
Visit www.holsteinusa.com/marketplacesires to view complete pedigree and genetic information on SHERLOCK, and the other Marketplace Sires currently available. The site features many generations of photos from their maternal lines, and commentary from the bull owners.
Holstein Marketplace Sires is also offering free shipping in the U.S. on orders of 50+ units total. Orders can include a mix and match of bulls.
Purchase semen from Holstein Marketplace Sires online or over the phone with your credit card and have semen shipped directly to your doorstep. Buy online by visiting www.holsteinusa.com/marketplacesires, click the red “Buy Now” button, fill in number of units you would like to purchase, and check out using our secure online system. Orders may also be placed by calling customer service 800.952.5200 or contacting a Holstein Association USA regional sales representative.
Other bulls currently available through Holstein Marketplace Sires
- 712HO01012 COOKIECUTTER D HELMSMAN-ET *RC: Discjockey x VG-85 Avalanche x EX-94 2E Mack. In total, HELMSMAN has 10 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams behind him. He is a strong type improver at +3.51 PTAT and +2.86 UDC, with positive components and production. HELMSMAN is also a red carrier. Bred and owned by Cookiecutter Holsteins LLC, Hudson Falls, N.Y.
- 712HO01013 AOT HOOSICK-ET: Spartacus x VG-89 Delta x VG-88 DOM Day, HOOSICK is backed by a total of 10 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams. At +2911 GTPI®, HOOSICK provides a unique combination of high fertility (+2.6 Fertility Index) and conformation (+2.50 PTAT & +2.42 UDC). Adding to his well-balanced genetic profile, he also brings to the table strong components, desirable SCS and PL, and easy calving. Bred and owned by AOT Genetics, Valley Falls, N.Y.
- 712HO01011 C-HAVEN POSITIVE DELUXE-ET: Positive x VG-87 Slamdunk x VG-87 Josuper, DELUXE ranks amongst the most elite available bulls in the breed at +2986 GTPI®, +1038 DWP$®, and +833 NM$. He is backed by 15 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams with strong production records, going back to Coldsprings Dur Chan 109-ET EX-95 2E DOM. DELUXE is also A2/A2. Bred and owned by Thomas Priest & Thomas T. Mercuro, Greencastle, Pa. DELUXE is available in both sexed and conventional semen.
- 712HO01010 KINGS-RANSOM C CRUISIN-ET: Crushabull x EX-94 Monterey x EX-95 2E Mogul, in total, CRUISIN is backed by 11 generations of high-scoring Excellent dams, going back to "Queen of the Breed" C Glenridge Citation Roxy, and his 10 closest dams average 93.1 points. His genomic conformation values back up the pedigree, at +2.97 PTA Type, +2.58 UDC and +1.20 FLC. CRUISIN is also A2/A2. Bred and owned by Kings-Ransom Farm LLC, Schuylerville, N.Y.
- 712HO01009 TRAMILDA STUNNING BLAZER: Doctor x VG-87 Delta x VG-85 Chevrolet, BLAZER has a well-balanced, modern genomic profile, being over +1,300 pounds Milk, with 112 pounds combined Fat and Protein, with positive fertility traits and desirable conformation values (+1.58 PTAT, +1.62 UDC and +1.12 FLC). Bred and owned by Troy & Austin Yoder, Montezuma, Ga.
- 712HO01006 RASBERRY CRSBL RIP CITY-ET: Crushabull x VG-85 Monterey x EX-91 Epic, then 17 more generations of Excellent dams behind her, tracing back to Audrey Posch EX-93 2E GMD. RIP CITY boasts impressive conformation values at +3.15 PTAT, +2.55 UDC and +1.39 FLC, complemented by positive component percentages and Fertility Index values. Owned by Karl & Donna Hale, Cloverdale, Ore.
- 712HO01005 OUR-FAVORITE CHARISMA-ET: King Doc x VG-88 Hang Time x EX-94 2E Atwood from one of Our-Favorite Holsteins’ foundational cow families; 10 generations of Very Good and Excellent dams with an average classification of 91.2 points. +2629 GTPI with very strong conformation at +3.24 PTAT, +2.23 UDC, and +1.78 FLC; also, A2/A2 and Kappa Casein BB. Bred and owned by Our-Favorite Holsteins, Fall Creek, Wis.
Introduced in January 2019, Holstein Marketplace Sires provides a unique avenue for Holstein breeders to market their genetics. Under the program, bull owners retain ownership of the bulls, and Holstein Marketplace Sires coordinates marketing and sales.