The information below has been supplied by dairy marketers and other industry organizations. It has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hoard’s Dairyman.Twelve semifinalists have been named for Holstein Association USA’s 2022 Distinguished Junior Member (DJM) awards. The Distinguished Junior Member award is the highest honor given to members of the National Junior Holstein Association, ages 17 to 21, in recognition of a commitment to the Holstein breed and involvement in a variety of agriculture related activities.
The 2022 Distinguished Junior Member Semifinalists are:
• Jill Allen, Jefferson, Maryland
• Ryan Allen, Jefferson, Maryland
• Elise Bleck, Glenbeulah, Wisconsin
• Regan Demmer, Peosta, Iowa
• Payton Erbsen, Lanark, Illinois
• Jasenko Gavranovic, New Ulm, Minnesota
• Matthew Gunst, Hartford, Wisconsin
• Hannah Hockerman, Westfield, Wisconsin
• Hannah Houseknecht, Columbia Cross Roads, Pennsylvania
• Brian McCullough, Juda, Wisconsin
• Jonathan McGee, Clearfield, Pennsylvania
• Blake Wright, Verona, Missouri
The twelve young adults were selected as semifinalists based on their firsthand working knowledge of the dairy industry and participation in Holstein, dairy, and other activities. The application process includes a resume, story of Junior Holstein work, essay questions, video elements, and more. Established in 1922, the DJM contest is the longest running Holstein youth program.
The DJM semifinalists will be interviewed at the National Holstein Convention being held June 27 to July 1, 2022, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Six DJM finalists will be announced during the Junior Awards Banquet on Friday, July 1.
For more information or to register for the 2022 National Holstein Convention visit www.2022nationalholsteinconvention.com. To learn more about the Distinguished Junior Members or Junior Holstein Association visit www.holsteinusa.com/juniors or contact Kelli Dunklee at 800.952.5200 ext. 4124 or by email.