The information below has been supplied by dairy marketers and other industry organizations. It has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hoard’s Dairyman.
“Lely realizes the future of dairy depends on the development of a solid group of experts entering the industry,” said Xavier Drake, Strategic Marketing Manager at Lely North America. Since its 2016 launch, this program has provided more than $30,000 worth of support to students who are studying for careers in the dairy industry.
This year, Lely is pleased to award three, one-time/non-renewable $1,500 scholarships to deserving, qualified students who are legal residents of the United States or Canada. Each scholarship winner will also have the exciting opportunity to spend a day job shadowing a person of their choice at their local Lely Center.
To apply for the scholarship, students must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education for the 2022-2023 academic year and participating in a program that can equip them to contribute to the dairy industry. See specific requirements for each scholarship below.
- $1,500 Dairy Technology Scholarship: This scholarship is open to students pursuing technical degrees in robotics, automation, and/or precision ag and have a passion and desire to work in the dairy Industry. Our review board will be looking for students with hands-on experience working with robotics or precision agriculture through youth organizations (First Robotics, 4-H, etc.), internships/work experience in the technology or precision agriculture, and a strong passion for the dairy industry.
- $1,500 Farm Management Scholarship: This scholarship is open to students pursuing a master’s degree with a desire to work in the dairy Industry. The student must have senior college-status at time of application.
- $1,500 Dairy Industry Scholarship: This scholarship is open to students pursuing a bachelor’s degree and a desire to work in the dairy Industry. The student must have freshman college-status at time of application.
Requirements include the following:
- Essay: 500 to 700 words
- Leadership Resume: One-to-two-page resume depicting previous leadership, organizational involvement and work experiences.
- Lely Center Endorsement: Endorsement completed by a Lely Center representative on behalf of the student. Applicants can find Lely Center's at https://www.lely.com/us/locator/.
- Letter of Recommendation: Written by an advisor, employer, 4H leader, etc.
Interested applicants can find the official rules and apply online by visiting www.lely.com/scholarship22. Submissions will be accepted until October 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. CT. Winners will be notified on or before December 19, 2022. Winners will be publicly announced no later than December 30, 2022.