The National Dairy Shrine is again looking for applications for its annual awarding of scholarships. Applications must be completed by May 1, 2010. Official scholarship application award forms are available on the NDS website. Available scholarships include:
• The Dairy Student Recognition Program recognizes and rewards graduating seniors planning a career related to dairy production. There will be a $1,500 cash award given to the winner, a $1,000 reward for second place, and three to seven $500 cash awards, depending on the number and quality of applicants.
• The National Dairy Shrine/Dairy Management, Inc. (DMI) Milk Marketing Scholarships are available to encourage students to pursue careers in the marketing of dairy products. The winner receives a $1,500 scholarship while the other winners receive $1,000 scholarships. Six to nine winners are recognized annually. DMI provides scholarship dollars for scholarship and several other NDS scholarships.The Kildee Scholarships are offered in two categories. Graduate study applicants may include the top 25 All-American contestants in one of the past three National Intercollegiate Dairy Cattle Contests, plus the Platinum winners in the North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge National contests, and these students are eligible to apply for two $3,000 scholarships. Undergraduate students may apply in their junior or senior year of college for one $2,000 Kildee Undergraduate scholarship. Applicants for this scholarship must have been one of the top 25 contestants at the National 4-H or FFA Dairy Judging Contests.
• Two NDS/McCullough scholarships of $2,500 and $1,000 are awarded annually to high school seniors intending to enter a four-year college or university and major in: Dairy/Animal Science with a Communications emphasis or Agricultural Journalism with a Dairy/Animal Science emphasis.
• The NDS/Iager Dairy Scholarship awarded in the amount of $1,000 to a second-year college student in a two-year agricultural college. This scholarship is sponsored from a fund created by Mr. and Mrs. Charles Iager of Fulton, Md.
• A NDS/Core Dairy Scholarship awarded in the amount of $1,000 to a freshman college student in a four-year agricultural college. This scholarship is sponsored from a fund created in honor of Maurice E. Core long-time industry leader and past Executive Director of National Dairy Shrine.
• There are four NDS/Klussendorf scholarships and two NDS/McKown scholarships given in the amount of $2,000 each to students in their first, second, or third year at a two- or four-year college or university. Applicants need to major in career that will help them enter the dairy cattle field.
To download an application, click here.