The information below has been supplied by dairy marketers and other industry organizations. It has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hoard’s Dairyman.
Dairy is Largest Sector of State’s #1 Industry Agriculture
Food Court Opens Noon, Friday, January 6, 2023
Full PA Farm Show Runs Saturday, January 7 – Saturday, January 14, 2023
The Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association, one of the state’s leading advocates for dairy farmers, is excited to celebrate their 70th birthday of serving those popular Farm Show milkshakes to fans with pre-Farm Show celebrations in December. The 2023 PA Farm Show opens on Saturday, January 7, 2023 with a Food Court ONLY opening on January 6 and runs through January 14 with a brand new, delicious Orange Cream milkshake that’s sure to elicit plenty of #MilkshakeSmiles70.
Orange Cream will be featured and added to those legen-DAIRY milkshake flavors, vanilla, chocolate and a mix – some of the food court’s most popular items. Fans can enjoy the new Orange Cream delights at the special December Pre-Farm Show birthday around Central Pennsylvania listed below.
At the Farm Show, the Dairymen will also offer:
- Delicious golden-fried Mozzarella Cheese Cubes served with Marinara,
- Scrumptious Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Grilled Cheese Stix with a side of Marinara,
- Ice Cream and,
- Fresh, locally produced PA White and Chocolate Milk.
“MILKSHAKES ON THE MOO-VE” Birthday Pop-Up Events in December offer fans the new limited-edition Orange Cream milkshakes and the other flavors, while supplies last. EXCITING NEWS: The first 50 milkshake fans at each December Pop Up will get one FREE milkshake, thanks to Renewal by Andersen of Central PA, our Pre-Farm Show Birthday Celebration partner.
- Friday, December 9th, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., West Shore Plaza, 1200 Market Street, Lemoyne, (directly across from Karns Foods)/ 70th Birthday Milkshake Toast at 10:45 a.m. with PA Dairy Princesses and other Special Guests! PLEASE JOIN US!
- Saturday, December 10th, 11a.m. - 4 p.m., Stauffers of Kissel Hill Fresh Foods, 1050 Lititz Pike, Lititz
- Friday, December 16th, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., Cross Roads Sale & Market, 5415 PA-25, Gratz
- Saturday, December 17th, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., Karns Foods, 6001 Allentown Boulevard, Harrisburg,
- Thursday, December 22nd, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., Kennie’s Markets, 217 West Middle Street, Gettysburg
70th Birthday details are posted and updated at www.PADairymens.com and on PA Dairymen’s social media pages.
Ollie’s joins the birthday celebration and will be featured on this year’s 2023 PA Dairymen’s Association Farm Show milkshake cups with a specially-designed logo to support the PA Dairy industry.
Proceeds from these dairy treats support PA Dairymen’s year-round philanthropic efforts. Over the past four years, they have donated more than $1 million to programs including The Calving Corner; agricultural and educational projects; initiatives and scholarships; the Fill A Glass with Hope® fresh milk campaign for neighbors in need; the Choose PA Dairy consumer education and awareness campaign; the PA Farm Bureau Mobile Ag Education Lab that travels to schools; the PA Dairy Princess and Promotion Program and more!
OTHER 2023 PA DAIRY-RELATED FARM SHOW FEATURES INCLUDE:
- “Military Appreciation Day Thank You” on Thursday, January 12 in partnership with Mid Penn Bank! The PA Dairymen’s Association will offer a FREE milkshake to active military or veterans with proper ID on this day to honor them, thanks to Mid Penn Bank. More details to come.
- Calving Corner returns with NEW interactive, family-friendly learning activities. This crowd favorite is going to be a full #DestinationDairyPA showcase complete with live births, adorable calves and cows, dairy farm families and more. New this year, the Destination Dairy Northeast Exhibit Hall will also feature a “Moo U” interactive, STEM learning area with hands-on activities for kids of all ages. Veterinarians Dr. Jody Kull, Dr. Adrian Barragan, Dr. Hayley Springer, along with educators from the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts and the Dairy Excellence Foundation, will lead interactive activities throughout the week that introduce families to the science and technology involved in modern dairy farming practices.
- Also located in the Northeast Hall is Destination Dairy Educational Learning Space. Come meet Dairy Princesses from across Pennsylvania and check out the interactive displays as you learn more about milk, the nutrition it provides and the dairy industry. PA Dairy Royalty and PA Dairy Princesses will join #DestinationDairyPA and will lead children and families in fun, entertaining activities from The Calving Corner!
- Friday, January 6, 11:00 a.m. – A Fill A Glass with Hope® Media Event with Sec. of Agriculture Russell Redding and former NFL Football Two-Time Super Bowl Champion Torrey Smith (Philadelphia Eagles, Ravens) kicks off this year’s 2023 fresh milk campaign to feed the hungry. Partners include PA Dairymen’s Association, American Dairy Association North East, Feeding Pennsylvania, supporters, farmers, PA Dairy Royalty, food bank representatives, business leaders and others! Also, catch the Celebrity Milkshake Celebration to follow with “Nancy & Newman” reunited.
PA Dairymen’s Executive Director Dave Smith says, “2023 will be extra sweet as we celebrate our 70th birthday of serving our famous Farm Show milkshakes with our new delicious, limited-edition Orange Cream milkshake for all to enjoy. To commemorate this special year, we are delighted to not only offer a brand-new milkshake flavor but also to team up with Renewal by Andersen of Central PA to give away free milkshakes to the first 50 fans at our 70th Birthday Celebration Pop Ups in December. We are eager to see all of our loyal milkshake fans and are blessed to have businesses joining this year’s celebration such as Ollie’s, Renewal by Andersen, Mid Penn Bank, Karns Foods, Smith Land & Improvement Corporation, Kennie’s Markets, and Stauffers of Kissel Hill Fresh Foods.”
Smith added, “What a thrill it is each year to see so many smiles throughout the agricultural showcase as our dairy farmers welcome families and attendees to experience an inside glimpse of our farms and the Commonwealth’s world-class dairy industry. We are grateful to everyone who has supported us and all of our philanthropic projects over the decades. Once again, we will honor our brave veterans and military, thanks to Mid Penn Bank, plus kick off pouring fresh milk to food banks across the state to nourish hungry neighbors in need.”
- Milk is the official beverage of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania is home to more than 5,200 dairy farm families.
- Dairy contributes to $12.6 billion in annual revenue for Pennsylvania.
- PA ranks 2nd in the nation for the number of dairy farms and 8th in total milk production nationally.
- One 8-ounce serving of whole milk delivers 13 essential nutrients including 8 grams of protein.
- Every one cow supports $24,000 in annual economic revenue in Pa.
- Every 10 cows support one job in the state.
- 99 percent of all dairy farms in Pennsylvania are family owned.