Young men and women competed in four separate divisions for the top prizes during the Sunday, September 30 competition.
The contestant that traveled the farthest was the top senior female fitter, Lisa Cramer of Uplengen, Germany. She topped a group of experienced senior fitters. While closer to home, Haley Beukema of Wisconsin was the highest-placing female in the Intermediate division.
1. Lisa Cramer, Uplengen, Germany
2. Emily Mikel, Stafford, N.Y.
3. Avery Kotlarczyk, Kent, Ill.
4. Hannah Nelson, Ellsworth, Wis.
5. Elizabeth Stoltzfus, Berlin, Penn.
1. Haley Beukema, New Richmond, Wis.
2. Mallory Rhodes, Millport, N.Y.
3. Sydney Lamb, College Grove, Tenn.
4. Brooke Hammann, Barron, Wis.
5. Mariah Eichenberg, Fort Atkinson, Wis.
In the male division, the top three finishers all hail from the Midwest. Wisconsin’s Grant Fremstead and Austin Nauman, along with Minnesota’s Trevor Tuman, topped the Senior division. Indiana’s Dillon Freeman, Kansas’ Jack Achen, and Wisconsin’s Colton Brandel took the top three intermediate spots.
1. Dillon Freeman, Bremen, Ind.
2. Jack Achen, Lakin, Kan.
3. Colton Brandel, Lake Mills, Wis.
4. Alek Krueger, Hazel Green, Wis.
5. Taylor Fester, Grove City, Minn. Senior Male:
1. Grant Fremstead, Westby, Wis.
2. Austin Nauman, Norwalk, Wis.
3. Trevor Tuman, Arlington, Minn.
4. Ryan Lawton, Newark Valley, N.Y.
5. Dylan Brantner, Evans City, Penn.
The contest official was Tyler Reynolds, feed manager at Reyncrest Farms in Corfu, N.Y. Assisting him was Andrew Lenhardt, Barn Manager at Oakfield Corners Genetics in Oakfield, N.Y.
The author is the online media manager and is responsible for the website, webinars, and social media. A graduate of Modesto Junior College and Fresno State, she was raised on a California dairy and frequently blogs on youth programs and consumer issues.