The information below has been supplied by dairy marketers and other industry organizations. It has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hoard’s Dairyman.
High somatic cell counts in milk can reduce dairy farm profits. Early mastitis detection may reduce the time bacteria is shed in the bulk tank and allows for rapid intervention.
The PortaReader™ detects subclinical mastitis in fresh bovine milk samples right on the farm.
The device’s clear, quantitative results and easy-to-interpret display increase detection accuracy and reduce the profits lost due to mastitis. It is a small, rugged unit designed to be carried in a pocket and used reliably in the field without breaking the average farmer’s budget.
• Integrates with PortaCheck PortaSCC® SCC 45-minute mastitis test kits
• Easy-to-use interface
• Clear quantitative results
• Small and portable—fits in a pocket
• Rugged construction
• Affordably priced
• Conveniently perform milk tests cow-side in the milking parlor or barn
• Increase milk production and premiums while reducing treatment costs
The PortaReader™ is available for purchase through leading distributors worldwide. Find your distributor here.